This Course is offered to the Developers, who want to explore a complete new & vast field of GIS and for those, who are presently engaged in the GIS Production or in related field.
Web mapping is the process of using maps delivered by geographical information systems (GIS). Since a web map on the World Wide Web is both served and consumed, web mapping is more than just web cartography, it is both a service activity and consumer activity.
Web Mapping can be used in various fields like online public maps portal, environmental and life science, in particular ecology and geology, defence, intelligence, utilities, Natural Resources (i.e. Oil and Gas, Forestry etc.), social science, medical and public safety (emergency management and criminology) and all other industries.Course Content
Components of Web GIS:
• GIS Server.
• Web Server.
• Database Server.
• WebGIS Client.
Introduction to PostGIS spatial database:
• Installation of PostGIS.
• Loading Spatial Data.
• Spatial SQL queries.
• Indexing Spatial Data.
• Tuning and Viewing Data.
• Learn how to add a map to a webpage with OpenLayers.
• Learn about raster and vector layers.
• Learn about using map controls.
Web GIS Work Project:
• Identify a topic of interest to develop a customized Web GIS mapping solution and report.
• Plan and document the project before implementation.
• Design, develop, deploy and implement an Interactive Mapping System.
• Present your mapping project in both soft and paper copy.
Eligibility: Science Graduate
|Course Title||Starting From||Duration||Fees|
|Web Mapping / GIS Course||Check with Us||54 Hours||Course Fee: ₹ 40,000/-|